1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Privacy laws in Canada generally define "personal information" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
For the purpose of clarity, “you” or “your”, as context dictates, may be: (i) a visitor to our Site; (ii) an authorized end user using our Services (i.e. one of our customers have duly provided you with access to our Services); (iii) a patient whose personal information is being collected and/or hosted in our Services; or (iv) a recipient of our communications. Please note that if you are a patient (as referenced under item (iii) and have questions about your data or the information being collected by you, please review your applicable health care provider’s privacy notices.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- Through our Site
- Through our App
- Through our Software
In email, text, social media messages and other electronic messages between you and our Services.
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, date of birth, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, cv, cover letter Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier and account information and any personal information in content that you create or share in video, text, images, and other media files that you provide on or through the Services, or that are provided on your behalf ("personal information").
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, location data, device data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site or Services, and usage details.
- Patient health information, including personal information, medical record number, blood biometrics, and any other information entered into or collected on behalf of the patients in connection with the Services.
- Feedback that you may provide regarding our Services.
2. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us through our Services, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise, using the App, or interacting with our Software.
- User contributions. You may also provide information for us to publish or display on public Site areas or transmit to other Site users or third parties.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners when you provide these partners with your information in connection with the Services or for verification purposes.
- Telemedicine is currently a platform that will help us collect patients' data, medical reports' (previous and new ones), and doctors' information. Our future objective is to convert this platform to a mobile app to make communication easier for doctors and patients.
A. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Site or Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site or through our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services or requesting further services or posting material. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site or Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
[Our Site and Services allows you to publish and provide information and content, to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Site and Services or transmitted to other users of the Site or Services or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site or Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions.]
B. Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Site or access of our Software, including location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your use of our App, computer, mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
(collectively, “Automatic Information”)
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Mestgroup Assistance, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The only way to completely opt out of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools.
Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents Mestgroup Assistance or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
4. A. What We Do with Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or Services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it [including arranging treatment services from medical institutions, doctors and clinics within or outside Canada].
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, including to comply with legal requirements.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Site.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To improve our Services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To enable user-to-user communications: We may use your information in order to enable user to user communication with each user’s content.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you
- To post testimonials: We post testimonials on our Website that may contain personal information. We will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Except as set forth above, your personal information will not be provided to any other users of our Services.
With your consent and/or as may be permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, or text messages, as applicable. Further, we may use aggregated, anonymized data for educational, research, and training purposes. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that our marketing practices are in compliance with applicable laws.
B. Automatic Information
C. If Our Business Changes Hands
D. Your Data Related Rights
We offer you the ability to control and manage the personal data we have about you. For example:
- Request a copy of the data that we have about you.
- Request that we provide you with an electronic copy of the personal data that you have provided us with (data portability).
- Request that we correct the data that we have about you.
- Request to erase your data.
- Notify us that you object to particular ways in which we are using your personal data.
- File a complaint with the governmental authority in your country which is mandated with regulating data privacy matters.
- File a complaint with the governmental authority in your country which is mandated with regulating data privacy matters.
E. Legal Basis for Our Use of Your Data
- The processing of your data is necessary for us to provide you with our Services in accordance with the contractual relationship between you and us;
- The processing of your data is required for us to comply with our legal obligations, including maintaining records which we may legally be required to keep;
- The processing of your data is required in connection with our legitimate interests, or those of a third party recipient of your personal data;
- The processing of your data is done according to an express consent that you gave us.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your information to our representatives, affiliates, suppliers or other third parties with which we do business (our “Business Partners”) when it is deemed necessary for our business operations. For example, from time to time, we may engage companies or individuals for certain services on our behalf including, without limitation, conducting audits, performing legal services, processing credit card payments, collecting feedback, and providing customer service. Our Business Partners and any other third-party service providers will only have incidental access to personal information to the extent required to perform their services. They are prohibited from the use of your personal information for any purpose other than assisting with our business operations.
The processing of your data is done according to an express consent that you gave us.
Further, if required, we may disclose your information to supervisory authorities, tax authorities, police and other regulatory authorities as required by law or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legally valid inquiry or order;
- to either prevent/minimize a criminal offense or to protect a person’s rights and personal and or financial health; and
- an intellectual property rights owners or such party’s representative if a room ad may be considered, in good faith by such owner, to violate owner’s rights; provided however the owner will be required to enter into an agreement to limit the use of the personal information provided only for purposes of the possible violation of an intellectual property right.
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use, storage or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us at the coordinates provided below. Your withdrawal of consent is not retroactive, since we may already have used your information for the purposes described here; it will be applied on a go-forward basis.
6. TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to Business Partners, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Site improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
You are welcome to contact us to obtain further information about our policies regarding service providers outside of Canada.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Site, installing or accessing our App, Software, or using our Services, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
7. DATA SECURITY
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You agree that you shall not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Services. For example, we urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards, which any Site visitor can view.
8. DATA RETENTION
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
9. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Services are intended for those who have reached the age of majority. If you are under the age of majority, you are not permitted to use our Services or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 or have any reasonable grounds to believe that children under the age of 13 are accessing our Site, receiving our communications, or receiving our Services.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from or about a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email@example.com]
10. ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We aim to give you effective controls on our use of your data including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails. You are under no obligation to provide us with any information. However, we do require certain information in order to be able to provide you with our Services.
11. WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
12. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
Should you submit an inquiry through our Services, or otherwise communicate with us electronically, you consent to us responding to such inquiries electronically. We cannot guarantee that information that we send to or receive from you over the Internet will not be intercepted.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
You can also send a letter to MestGroup Assistance at the following address:
- Attention: Privacy Officer
- 250 University Avenue, Suite 226
- Toronto, Ontario, M5H 3E5